Make delcious curry with taro and pickle spices!
- Arbi / Colocasia / Taro root / seppankizhangu – ½ kg
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Plain Yogurt/dahi – 2 tbsp
- Carom Seeds/Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Achari Masala – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and boil taro root till they are half cooked. Do not overcook or they become mushy. Peel and chop them.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add carom seeds, cumin seeds and sliced onions and saute.
- When onions turn light brown, add chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes till they are soft and cooked. Add turmeric powder, achari masala, red chilli powder, and mix.
- Add chopped arbi and mix well. Fry them for few minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Now add yogurt and mix it well.
- Add salt to taste and fry for few more minutes. Sprinkle little water and cover the pan.
- Cook on low flame till the vegetables are cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Transfer it in a bowl, garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with some phulkas or rice.