- Boondi – ½ cup
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (grated)
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida/hing – ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Heat a frying pan and add oil to it.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let it splutter.
- Now add chopped onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped green chillies and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are mushy.
- Add garam masala, turmeric powder and saute.
- Lower the flame, add 1 cup of water, salt to taste and boondi. Let it simmer for few minutes.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can use store bought boondi to make this curry. Adjust salt and spice accordingly.