Rava Kesari is a popular sweet from South India which is made with Semolina, sugar and loaded with Ghee. It just melts in your mouth and you just cant resist. You can even make a double colour Kesari. Just avoid adding food colour in one portion of Kesari and layer it.
- Rava/Semolina – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Saffron food colour – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped cashews – 10
- Raisins – 8
- Dilute food colour in 1 tbsp water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and roast cashews and raisins till light golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the rava till its colour changes slightly and a nice aroma comes from it. Transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add water to the pan and when it starts boiling, lower the flame and add saffron water. Mix well.
- Add rava slowly and keep stirring. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Add ghee and keep stirring.
- When ghee starts leaving from sides, add roasted cashews and raisins, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the content into a serving bowl and serve it warm.