A popular North Indian dish, especially in Delhi, this Vegetarian Goli Pulao is simple and easy to make.
- Raw Rice – 2 cups
- Gram Flour – 2 cups
- Curd – 1 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
- Saunf – 2 tsp
- Omam (Ajwain) – 2 tsp
- Mint Leaves – few, to garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
- Ghee as required
1. Mix the gram flour, salt and ajwain in a bowl.
2. Mix well and make small balls.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the prepared balls until golden brown.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Pressure cook the basmati and keep aside.
7. Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan.
8. Fry the saunf for 10 seconds.
9. Add garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and fry for 10 seconds.
10. Switch off the flame.
11. Add the cooked rice, salt and prepared “golis”.
12. Mix well ensuring the golis do not break.
13. Garnish with mint leaves.